HOW TO SPOT A SRI LANKAN...!!!!
ARE U A SRILANKAN?????????
This is so true and so funny. You know that you are definitely a Sri
* Everything you eat is flavored with garlic, onion and
*You try and re-use gift wrappers , gift boxes,
aluminum foil and of course disposable cups & plates.
*You try to eject food particles from between your teeth
by pressing your tongue against them and making a
peculiar noise like, tshick, tshick!
You are standing next to the two largest size suitcases
at the Airport.
* You arrive one or two hours late to a party, and think
* Your toilet has a plastic bowl next to the commode.
* You name your children in rhythms (example, Honey &
Money, Sita & Gita, thunga & --singhe, Nimal & Vimal)
* All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere
close to their real names.
* You take Sri Lankan snacks anywhere it says 'No Food
* You talk for an hour at the front door when
leaving someone's house.
* You load up the family car with as many people as
* You use plastic to cover anything new in your house
whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new
* Your parents tell you to not care about what your
friends think, but they won't let you do certain things
because of what the other Uncles And Aunties' will
* Your kids say uncle and auntie to anyone
older related or not.
* Owning a rice cooker is a top priority.
* Use the dishwasher to store dishes - use it only for
* Say 'NO' after every sentence. i.e . that's good NO,
very expensive NO...etc
* Men use the word 'PUT' frequently i.e PUT a drink, PUT a
Jump, Put a nap !
* You live with your parents even if you are 40 years old.
(And they like it that way).
* If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest in
knowing whose daughter has run with whose son and feel
it's your duty
to spread the word.
* If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they
ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight
* When your parents meets a Sri Lankan for the first time
and talk for a few minutes, you soon discover they are
* Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign
countries have improved in the last two decades, and
still scream at the top of their lungs while talking.
* You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them
away from getting dirty but the sheet on your bed has
not seen water for months!
* It is embarrassing if your wedding has less than 500
people. (How abt ur wedding... hehe)
* You list your daughter as 'fair and slim' in the
matrimonial no matter What she looks like.
* You have a big cabinet in your hall to keep glass wares
& ceramic utensils (you have never used)
You have really enjoyed reading this mail because you
know some, or most of them apply to you.
everybody is a Bugger(good bugger, nice bugger, useless